The Master of Human-Interaction and Design (MHCID) program at UC Irvine is a professional degree that prepares students to be the leaders of the future in human computer interaction, user experience design and research, product management, and more. This terminal degree should be undertaken by early and mid-career professionals and executives looking to take the next step in their careers.
This one-year program is unique in its innovative hybrid learning approach. Students spend time on campus in intensive in-person courses as well as online using the best in distance-based learning approaches and tools.
MHCID students also solve real-world problems in diverse teams that work closely with our award-winning interdisciplinary faculty. After mastering a range of key UX skills and subjects, graduates will gain important academic and practical experience through our capstone project course. Students will collaborate with an industry sponsor to innovate, improve, or modify a new or existing human-to-machine technology.
We graduate leading professionals who are designing the future and defining how people and technology engage. These professionals include directors of user experience, UX researchers, product managers, visual designers, and even CTOs.
Why study at UC Irvine?
- Excellence. You will be part of a world-class group of faculty and students who have an outstanding track record of delivering innovative, relevant education.
- Placement. We prepare our students for rich, fulfilling and diverse careers; whether you want to be a product designer, user-experience researcher or project manager, you can find a path through our program that prepares you to reach your career goals.
- Support. You join a team that strongly believes that working together is essential to learning. Whether in the classroom, in design or fieldwork, in your M.S. research, or simply as part of a hallway conversation, we encourage you to speak up, join the discussion and contribute.
- Connections. Our alumni have gone on to study in some of the most prestigious Ph.D. programs, work for well-known, innovative corporations, and found successful startups. We stay in touch with them, and can help connect you for internships that complement your studies.
- Diversity. UCI was founded with a focus on diversity of thought, experiences, and ideas. Our department faculty represent a wide variety of disciplinary backgrounds and have in-depth collaborations across campus. Additionally, students are encouraged to take coursework outside of the school that pertains to their interests.
We are always looking for talented students to join! To learn more about our courses and accomplishments, we encourage you to explore our website. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our MHCID graduate Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Program Director at email@example.com.