Guide2Research, a leading portal for computer science research and data on scientific contributions, recently released its 7th edition of Top Scientists Ranking for Computer Science & Electronics that featured more than 30 scholars from UCI, with Computer Science Professors Pierre Baldi, Ramesh Jain and Gene Tsudik at the top of the list. Here are the 11 computer science and informatics professors who made it onto Guide2Research’s 2021 rankings:
- Pierre Baldi ranked No. 144 in the world and No. 98 in the U.S.
- Ramesh Jain ranked No. 184 in the world and No. 125 in the U.S.
- Gene Tsudik ranked No. 246 in the world and No. 161 in the U.S.
- Michael Carey ranked No. 482 in the world and No. 300 in the U.S.
- Padhraic Smyth ranked No. 653 in the world and No. 401 in the U.S.
- Paul Dourish ranked No. 752 in the world and No. 460 in the U.S.
- David Eppstein ranked No. 1,165 in the world and No. 702 in the U.S.
- Michael Goodrich ranked No. 1,185 in the world and No. 711 in the U.S.
- Nikil Dutt ranked No. 1,228 in the world and No. 739 in the U.S.
- Sharad Mehrotra ranked No. 1,364 in the world and No. 815 in the U.S.
- Bonnie Nardi ranked No. 1,438 in the world and No. 852 in the U.S.
Guide2Research rankings are based on a detailed examination of more than 6,300 profiles on Google Scholar and the DBLP computer science bibliography website. The ranking represents leading scientists with an h-index of at least 40, with DBLP and citations values gathered by May 10, 2021.
According to the Guide2Research’s website, “Our goal is to inspire researchers, entrepreneurs and decision-makers across the world to explore where leading experts are heading and to provide an opportunity for all of us to know who the leading experts in various research areas, in different countries, or even within research institutions are.”
Last year, UCI was ranked 18th in the nation and 21st in the world in the 2020 Top Computer Science Universities rankings published by Guide2Research